British PM Boris Johnson press conference
- We have seen further clusters of Indian variant.
- There is some important unknowns including the variant is more transmissible
- If the variant is significantly more transmissible we will face hard choices.
- It is more important than ever that people get the second dose.
- We will accelerate remaining second dose is to people over 50s
- Second dose will be eight weeks after first dose.
- There is no evidence of increased cases translating into unmanageable pressure on the NHS
- New variant could pose a serious disruption to our progress.
- Urges everyone to exercise caution
Touch / Click anywhere to close