Stocks close near session highs
The major US stock indices are close higher for the second consecutive day.
Some other highlights for the day/week
- Week ends with 2 strong days higher after three down days to start the week
- S&P has best day since late March 26th
- All 11 sectors of the S&P close higher
- Dow S&P NASDAQ had the worst week since February
- NASDAQ closed lower for the fourth consecutive week
- S&P lower for the first week in three weeks
- NASDAQ has the best day since March 11
the final numbers are showing:
- S&P index up 61.29 points or 1.49% at 4173.85
- NASDAQ index up 304.99 points or 2.32% at 13429.98
- Dow industrial average of 360.62 points or 1.06% at 34382.13
- The NASDAQ index moved above intraday but is closing below its 100 day moving average of 13438.56.
- The S&P index closed just above its 100 hour moving average at 4173.67. The closing level for the S&P was at 4173.85
- The Dow moved back above its highest hourly moving average (the 50 hour MA) at 34358.48. The index is closing at 34382.13.
For the week:
- S&P index fell -1.39%
- Dow fell -1.14%
- Nasdaq fell -2.34%