Major indices little changed
The US stocks gave up most of their earlier gains but still found some buying near the close and are closing higher on the day.
- The Dow industrial average has extended its winning streak to 5 trading days.
- The Dow is 2% from its all-time high
- The S&P is up 4 of the last 5 trading days.
- The S&P is less than 1% from the all-time high
- The up one day, down the next for the Nasdaq index is on day 10.Today was an up day (tomorrow lower?).
- Energy is a best-performing sector as crude oil rallies to the highest level in 2 1/2 years.
The Meme frenzy continued today with:
- AMC shares up 95% on the day
- Bed Bath & Beyond rose 62.11%
- Blackberry rose 31.92%
- GameStop up 13.34%
The closes for the day are showing:
- S&P index rose 6.10 points or +0.15% at 4208.14
- NASDAQ index rose 19.85 points or 0.14% at 13756.33.
- Dow rose 25.07 points or 0.07% at 34600.38
- Russell 2000 rose 3.09 points or 0.13% at 2297.83
At the highs and lows for the day,
- The S&P was up 15.32 points and down -3.78 points
- The Nasdaq was up 39.41 points and down -46.74 points
- The Dow was up 131.34 points and down -29.35 points
This article was originally published by Forexlive.com. Read the original article here.